I have loads of apples so I am going to be experimenting with some new fall recipes. I have been wanting to find an easy Crock Pot applesauce recipe, and decided to give it a try. I am really happy with the results and will be making some more batches for our freezer. I found several methods and recipes online, but in the end I just made it up as I went, and loved the results.
I am warning you though… if you’ve never made homemade applesauce, you won’t want to ever go back to the store-bought kind!
You will see just how simple this applesauce recipe is, and here is how to get started…
How To Make Easy Crock Pot Applesauce Recipe
- Peel, core and cut up enough apples to fill your Crockpot. I don’t know how many I used, but I would guess it was about 12 cups. You will want your Crockpot full, since the applesauce will cook down by about half the capacity of your crockpot.
- Add 1/2 cup of water
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (mine only took 3 hours) This could depend on the firmness of the apples you are using.
- Stir once in a while
- After 2 hours add sugar to taste. I used 3/4 cup of raw organic sugar and sprinkled in cinnamon to taste.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon and continue cooking
- Cook till all apples are soft.
- Use a potato masher to mash up large apple pieces. If you want more of a smooth applesauce use an emulsion hand blender, and blend to desired consistency. (my kids like smooth applesauce so this worked wonderful for this batch)
- That’s all there is to it! Super easy and really good, and your house will smell wonderful.
- After you try your own simple crock pot applesauce recipe you’ll be hooked!
Want another great recipe? You may also love my Crockpot Apple Butter Recipe