The Color Red Is…
Warm and Cozy
A Symbol of Passion
Where should you use a Red Color Scheme?
Red color schemes are wonderful in any room that you want to add instant warmth and coziness, and a good dose of cheerfulness. You may want to infuse an entire room with red color combinations or just add little pops of the color red here and there.
Where would you not want to use a Red Color Scheme?
- You may not want to use red in a child’s room if they are hyperactive or if you have a family member who has high anxiety.
- Red has the ability to excite people and can even raise blood pressure and heart rate.
- If you love red and still want to use it, you have many options. Try using softer or darker variation of the color red for a less bold look. There are many red color schemes to choose from today.
Did you know?
- The color red can make people eat more and even makes food taste better? This is why it is so popular for kitchens and restaurants.
- Feel free to experiment and have fun with this exciting color. The color red can vary anywhere from bright apple red to, watermelon, to a warm shade of pink, and even a deeper shade of burgundy.
- Remember you can vary the hues you are using and that will give an entirely different effect.
Red Room Ideas
This stunning room is a perfect example of a softer red, paired with chartreuse as a perfect complimentary red color combination.
Why not have fun with the color red in the laundry room? I have this same washer and dryer and it makes doing laundry so much more pleasant, I love it! This sweet laundry room is a fun show-off of an aqua and red color scheme.
A craft room is a fun place to try out a splash of red. This floral chair is a great way to add in a more coral shade of red to this creative space.
If you are needing red room ideas, the entry way is a great place to use red to welcome your guests and loved ones. I love this shade of red which is more of a watermelon color and is a more pink version that is easy on the eye.
There is nothing quite like red, white and blue. This country style bedroom is fresh with a simple red-blue color combination.
And more of that farmhouse style is shown here, which lends itself to red. Paired with natural wood, and light blue floors this is a restful way to use red.
I love this artsy office space that is brought to life with pops of candy red. This room would be rather dull and subdued otherwise, and needs the surprises of red to bring this room up a notch.
This bedding with it’s vintage linen is very classic. Do you notice once again how soft the red can be when balanced with creamy whites?
Look at this vintage style dresser with a red stain. This is a statement piece in an all-neutral room. It’s elegant with an element of surprise.
And of course a red door is great way to welcome guest to your home. Red doors have been a classic choice for decades on farmhouses and cottage style homes.
What do you think? Do you love using red color schemes in your home? Maybe you will feel brave to try adding some pops of red through out the rooms of your home.